View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #6
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Abbyyy Finereader is a software program that you purchase. I convert the PDF to html files and then covert them to epub/mobi. Abbyy's a bit pricey, but I personally use it enough to justify the cost.
ABBYY has been sending me emails about a holiday sale on Finereader 11 @ $99. Do not know if that price is still good or when the sale ends, but if anyone thinks they'd use the software frequently, a very good price! I already have Finereader 10 and don't feel the need to upgrade. I love using Finereader for OCR.

Personally, I have never had much luck with PDF to ePub conversions through Calibre, but I also have never tried it with a 1 dollar scan PDF.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote