View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #8
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsavitz View Post
As for the version that Booxtor distributes, I just don't know if it will work with my M92. I asked the Onyx Europe folks and they cautioned against using any other firmware releases that aren't from Onyx International, such as the generic, or from your distributor otherwise you risk invalidating your warranty.
Installing a firmware does not void European Warranty. Does not matter what say the company selling the device. Firmware Update and internal boot loader must know if firmware is valid or not.

Other way is install a 3rd party one, but AFAIK both Booxtor and OnyxBoox are authorized resellers.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote