View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 01:38 AM   #1
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Honor Harrington poor formatting?

So the first of the Honor Harrington books made it to the top of my TBR list and I've started in on it. So far I'm enjoying it.

However there is one annoying formatting problem I have and was wondering if anyone else had noticed the same. Mind you, this is a legit copy, given out free by Baen. After hearing so much about Baen and how good they are, I am pretty disappointed and frankly if this is a common occurrence with their books I doubt I will be buying from them in the near future.

Basically, there is no spacing, asterix, line or other sort of marking to indicate when a scene change occurs. Often a paragraph will end and another will begin and the new paragraph will be a new scene. It's particularly annoying when both scenes include Harrington or another main character in them. When this happens it can be a few lines to an entire paragraph before it becomes obvious that the scene/setting has changed. When this occurs it is very annoying and jars me straight out of the story.

I have tried every different file format I have on both my reader and my computer and the problem persists across the board. So I know it is not my reader or the file format that is the problem.

Anyone else come across this problem when reading the first Honor Harrington book?

Cheers,
PKFFW
P.S: Mods, if this thread is in the wronog forum feel free to move it. I just didn't think it was news or specifically a reading recommendation issue.
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote