View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #66
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
For no reason whatsoever it wont get past the lock screen.
At 1st it was stuck at the swipe lock screen.

I tried the 20-30 second power down reboot and now its stuck at the "Do you want to shut down" screen but accepts no input. It just sits there with the Shut down button highlighted/glowing but its like light grey over the screen as if it was thinking about doing the shut down routine when it locked and then got stuck.
I had the exact same thing happen on one of my Android tablets (Acer A100) last week!

I was freaking out because I didn't know what to do. Like your Fire, it was first stuck on the swipe lock screen, and then it got stuck on the "Do you want to shut down" screen when I tried to power down. No touch response at all. I just kept trying to power down by holding the on/off button, and after several attempts it finally responded. It's been fine since then (knock on wood). I wonder if it's just an "Android thing"?

I don't know if it had anything to do with it, but the lockup occurred right after I had charged the tablet. I may have installed a new app or two that day, but I don't recall. My other tablet (Acer A500) hasn't had a similar problem and it has the same apps on it.

I hope you're able to revive your Fire, but if not, I'm sure that Amazon will take care of the problem.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote