View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 08:35 AM   #13
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinstead View Post
Error, please set /proc/sys/vm/mmap_min_addr to 0 since otherwise it can cause problems with QEMU
following line fixed that:
sudo sysctl -w vm.mmap_min_addr=0[/INDENT]
What's that all about?
It's a kernel configuration parameter. I'm not sure exactly what it does, but I did have to set this on my Ubuntu install.

Quote:
W: Failed to fetch http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/di...ce/Sources.bz2 Hash Sum mismatch

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.[/B]

Do you think this is a big problem? This still happens even after I changed the sources.list file from hardy to gutsy.
Did you change all of your sources from hardy to gutszy? You should leave your apt sources alone. Changing from one repo version to a previous one could cause issues. I'm not sure how to fix it. Maybe run apt-get or aptitude with the clean option?

Quote:
Unrelated questions:
I downloaded the pinky version of Poky. Is it useful for anything? Looks like the poky directory supplied by iRex is all I need, right?
What is OpenEmbedded cross-compile environment useful for? Is this part of the development process or is it one of the underlying pieces that we don't need to worry about?
I think iRex has provided most of what's needed for poky. It's been a while though, so I'm not sure which external packages were needed and what was not.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote