View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #90
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Yes, but what if Storm Front gets that final nomination? I hope it won't, but if it does, it could be in the poll and possibly win the month!

I'm tempted to third another book just to prevent it (as besides Storm Front, I like all the seconded books), but I won't in hopes someone will third To The Lighthouse.
This is the problem with the term classic. It just doesn't have a clear definition. I do think Storm Front is a classic. You don't. But you also seconded Lolita which makes your taste in books highly suspect. You really should stay way from books on pedophilia which is what that trash is. Now, what one person thinks is a classic, others think not. Hence the disagreeing we have come to. This is why we really need to dump classic as a type since it;s not really a type. It's more an opinion. I've read books I could call classic that are fairly recent books. But some definitions of classic are just plain wrong and others not good enough. There is no definition of classic that fits all cases and there never will be. You think pedophilia is classic, I think science fiction is classic.

Last edited by JSWolf; 11-21-2011 at 06:45 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote