View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 08:23 AM   #47
dmikov
Addict
dmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-books

Device: REB1200; REB2150; Sony 500/350; EZReader; IREX DR800SG; Nook/Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by scheichxodox View Post
I think this fits very well. Sony missed the chance to work it out with Epub: Epub is doomed.

That would be another argument for the Kindle 3. If I have to strip DRM or convert my ebooks using calibre then I can as well do it on the cheaper Kindle.
I wouldn't put much stock in the opinion of the poster, who calls epub - "Adobe epub" without realizing that only Adept has any relation to Adobe. I am referring to the article not to you of course. So I am not sure where he got the info about DRM that Sony will support.
As Samuel Clemens used to say the news about epub death are greatly exaggerated. If he knew about epub anyway
BTW how's that moves you to Kindle with it totally proprietary format, I don't see at all. It's like me deciding to take vacation in Alaska in January, because it rained in Florida.
Stripping DRM and working on stripping DRM and reformatting book to use it on different reader seems very far apart.
Sorry I digressed, from Sony announcement. Go Sony (and improve customer service while you at it)
dmikov is offline   Reply With Quote