View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 12:51 AM   #883
richy1989
Connoisseur
richy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 & Kindle 4 Black
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Running it "by hand" is one way to get any error messages and also avoid troubleshooting the json and xml files at the same time.

Without the listing of any error messages and the full path names of the files before and after, I can not guess what is happening.

It is possible (although unlikely) that with your code, all five files where re-named to the same destination name.
But without the details of what happens as the script runs, I can not guess.

Just ssh (or telnet) into the kindle and run the script yourself, rather than with kual - get that part working as you intend first.

For instance, make a copy of the "cp -a ..." line just before the existing one - -
Then change the 'cp -a' part to: 'echo' -
When run from the command line, that will report what is being sent to the copy command.

PS: Cut and paste the full output of running the script by hand into 'code' blocks in your next post.
I wrote a new script,
I can copy the png to the directory,
and it also can make a backup to another place.

I finish it,
and it ran very well.

I packed it,
you can have a look if you are interesting at it.

Thx for your help this time!

Attached Files
File Type: rar syncscreensaver.rar (836 Bytes, 214 views)
richy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote