View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #89
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
It's easier to say what I don't read than what I do. I don't read urban fantasy, or anything apocalyptic or dystopian. On the whole, I don't do vamps or horror or paranormals, although I do enjoy Jayne Ann Krent's books - call them paranormal lite.

I've just finished a spree of reading about neuroscience. I'm currently (re) reading the Peter Shandy mysteries by Charlotte MacLeod (cozies). I'm listening to Georgette Heyer's These Old Shades - had been listening to Dawkin's The God Delusion, but found it hard to follow listening, so I'll read the book. Two of my best reads of recent months are probably litfic: Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore (don't ask me about it, or I'll rave you into boredom) and Calling Invisible Women (ditto).

Basically, if it's depressing, I won't read it. If it's generally optimistic, and probably strongy character-driven, I'll probably like it. (I did enjoy Scalzi's Redshirts, but mostly for the codas - he's too plot-driven for me to read too much of his stuff).
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote