View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #1
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Adobe Digital Edition 1.5 final is available

Adobe released a final version of Digital Editions 1.5 yesterday.

According to the DE official blog:
Quote:
Adobe has updated its popular Digital Editions software, a lightweight, rich Internet application for reading, acquiring and organizing digital books and other publications. Version 1.5 features enhanced DRM flexibility through named activation so that users can move content across platforms and mobile devices using an Adobe ID. In addition, ADE 1.5 is localized in French and German and has support for MacŪ OSX 10.5 (Leopard). Adobe Digital Editions supports both PDF and IDPF EPUB, a standard format designed to reflow for the screens of mobile reading devices, which has gained broad acceptance among book publishers.

Adobe Digital Editions has over 1 million installations since the June 2007 launch. The new software will be automatically provided to users who have installed Digital Editions 1.0, and is available at the product site .

Adobe has also released an updated Digital Editions installer and launcher for distributors of eBooks. The installer is used to detect and install the latest version of ADE for retail or library customers of Adobe eBooks. The software is free to use and available with implementation instructions .
I've experienced some troubles updating DE on one of my computer, and a few users are experiencing the same bug: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b53d03

To fix this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kendall
I've found a workaround. I downloaded the zipped exe file available from the following link and replaced the existing digitaleditions1x5.exe file.

http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403051

I assume that this exe is designed Vista, but it works fine on XP Pro.
Any thoughts on DE from Mobilereaders ? Now that DE 1.5 is ready, when can we expect support on mobile devices ? Will publishers start to massively support ePub now ?
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote