View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
eMadman
eMadman began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sony PRS600, Kindle, or BeBook Neo?

I've been toying around with the idea of buying a reader for a few weeks now and was waiting for apple's tablet announcement to see if the device would present material in a method that doesn't strain the eyes.

Today's announcement has me set - I'm definitely getting a purpose-built reader.

I'm considering between the Sony PRS300 or 600 as well as the Amazon Kindle (base, not dx). I have also taken a look at the upcoming BeBook One reader and that's also looking pretty darn nice for the price.

The question is, which to get? I like the PRS600 for the touch screen, though I'm not sure I actually need that functionality. I like the Kindle for the fact that it packs a 6 inch screen into a $250US price tag, making it $50 cheaper than the 600 and the BeBook Neo.

The Kindle and Sony seem to be the best options for battery, but the BeBook has the Wacom panel which is pretty darn cool.

Considering that I live in Canada and that Amazon charges additional fees to order books up here, do you have any thoughts on the pros/cons between the three options? The Sony seems to be my best bet only because I can go to my local best buy and take one home right now... whereas the BeBook and Kindle would have to be shipped.

How about stores? Can the Kindle support other MobiPocket stores or just the Amazon store? I'm liking Amazon's upcoming price strategy, though I'm not sure if it'll hit the books I want.
eMadman is offline   Reply With Quote