View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulo View Post
well I finally played with Nook in B&N and I was surprised how quickly the pages were turning, I have seen some videos online that were definitely slower. Since all the units should be the same I wonder what's going on ?
I saw one briefly in a store and thought the refresh rate looked fine -- but I could only compare it to older eInk models I had seen in other stores. There might be a delay depending on what was being done.

Quote:
Overall I was pretty pleased with performance even though I did get one force close message. My only complaint was actually the weight - it's a bit heavier than I expected.
How does it compare to the eBookwise? (That's my current portable device.)

Quote:
Funny thing - a customer walked up to the counter with questions about Nook but I ended up answering them instead of an actual employee
I've helped people find books in bookstores before. I guess I shouldn't have started reshelving books (but they were shelving Westerns and historical myteries under Fantasy! ) because then I stop looking like a customer and start looking for someone who knows where the Westerns or cookbooks are. Sadly, I usually know the answer.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote