View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 12:35 AM   #378
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Hi

A question about internal margins.

Thanks for a wonderful software. I am a Linux user (64bits) and I have a KoboGlo. I tried k2pdfopt on one of my own PDF (just for a ten pages trial). There is a header.

I used the following command:
Code:
/opt/k2pdfopt brune.pdf -w 748 -h 1024 -odpi 213 -m 0.5 -p 10-20
The PDF end result leaves a 10 px right margin on my Kobo, which is normal because the width I should have used should have been 758px instead of 748.

I would like my text to be centered, that is to have a 5px margin on both sides. I learnt there is an -omb parameter but I could get no result out of it.

What would be your advice to improve the left and right margin display of this text on the Kobo?
Use the full pixel width for your device (758) along with margins of 5/213 inches = ~0.025 in, so:

/opt/k2pdfopt brune.pdf -w 758 -h 1024 -odpi 213 -m 0.5 -oml 0.025 -omr 0.025

The -oml and -omr set the left and right output device margins in inches.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote