View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #5
Jack B Nimble
Groupie
Jack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enough

Device: Tapwave Zodiac, eBookwise 1150
I agree with the Prof, though I must admit I did not expect to use it. I purchased the eBookwise, which included a dictionary, and I installed it while I was playing with the features of my new device, and expected I would delete it shortly. I even forgot about it for a while.

Eventually I came across a word I thought I knew, but had never seen it used that way, and I remembered the dictionary. Two clicks later, I was a big fan of the feature, and I have used it many times since.

I do agree it can be an unnecessary expense, which is why I would prefer the devices include the functionality, but not the license for the dictionary itself. Users can buy the dictionary if they think they will use it. More to the point, they can buy the dictionary that fits their need. That is how it has worked with at least some of the software readers (Mobi and eReader, that I know of).

Jack
Jack B Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote