View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
I'm pretty sure the <p class="calibre7">&nbsp;</p> is coming from the insert blank line option being enabled. I never use that option, but a review of the code corroborates that.
Unchecking that feature still had the <p class="calibre7">&nbsp;</p> inserted but the css changed the top and bottom margins to 0.

Quote:
There have been a lot of bug fixes/improvements lately - Lit input had a bug in it where it was treating all content in <pre> tags as <block>, and that didn't work for the majority of Lit files using <pre> tags. So if Lit input detects a <pre> tag it now does text processing using 'Single', and a user can enable heuristics if they need unwrapping.
This would be great because this never added the extra <p class="calibre7">&nbsp;</p> before. It does now.

Quote:
Text input also had improvements where it's preserving soft scene breaks - i.e. empty lines. It's possible that a document that is both 'single' and 'block' - i.e. single line paragraphs with a blank line in between each one - might cause text input to create a lot of blank paragraph markers. If so, the 'delete blank paragraphs' option in heuristics would detect and get rid of those.
I tried it with and without heuristics - Delete blank paragraphs, same result.

Quote:
The insert blank line option happens much further down the pipeline, looks like after remove paragraph spacing but before css rationalization.
This is correct because the insert blank line option changes the top and bottom margins to 0.5em

Quote:
It sounds to me like you found a workflow that was working around old bugs, and now that some of that has been fixed you're seeing your old workflow impacted.
I guess that's possible.

Quote:
I think disabling insert blank line and increasing the margins in your extra css would probably be the best option for you, unless there really is a bug to be fixed, but I'm not sure I see one.
When I do that I now have an extra <div> tag but the rest is the same except now the top and bottom <p> margins are 0. The extra css wasn't added and the result is a gap between paragraphs about twice what it would be if the <p class="calibre7">&nbsp;</p> wasn't there.

Code:
<body class="calibre">  
  <div class="calibre5">
    <p class="calibre7">This book is for my wife, Danielle, with all my love for ever</p>
    <p class="calibre7">&nbsp;</p>
    <p class="calibre7">It had never been exposed to the light of day, not once in the 200 million years since it assumed its present form, and yet it seemed in itself to be a distilled drop of dirtied sunlight.</p>
    <p class="calibre7">&nbsp;</p>
    <p class="calibre7">it had been conceived in heat as vast as that of the sun’s surface, in those unholy depths below the earth’s crust, in the molten magma that welled up from the earth’s very core.</p>
  </div>
</body>
As I stated to begin with I have no problem removing the <p class="calibre7">&nbsp;</p> lines using Sigil.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote