View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Well, there's no way around the searching multiple fields, since youre adding a new field. If I understand you correctly, you want both the series field and the series2- field you added to appear as one, central series field? The only way to do that would be to build a composite column, but you'd still have to keep the two series fields visible, since you can't edit values from a composite column. It would, however, allow you to search the series fields from one single field, though I'm not too sure how helpful it would actually be. In your example, assuming you'd use the template "{series} {series_index};{#series2} {#series2_index}", you'd get the composite field "SeriesA 5; SeriesB 1" for the first book, the second book would then have "SeriesA 6; Series B 2" and so on. What I'm trying to say is that creating such a composite column loses the series flavour of the information- it's all just a text field then, and you'll have to search it like one.

Last edited by Manichean; 02-01-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Edited to include example
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote