View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 12:55 AM   #112
jalandar
Connoisseur
jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, Asus TF300T
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBoy View Post
Um, not to be snarky (well maybe a little bit ), but you mentioned your own blog "recommends" 9 to 18 books a day. 63 to 126 a week.

Quality over quantity? I'm a speed reader and i don't think i could make anywhere near a third of that number in "quality" recommendations.
A rating of quality doesn't have to come from reading every book.

It comes from looking at reviews and ratings sometimes, for both the current book, or if the book is also a new release, at the author's other works.

That 9-18 comes from an initial group of hundreds.

This as opposed to the sites that just post every book they can find, or use automation tools to write their posts for them without exerting any editorial control.

But no longer. Can't afford to risk the rest of my amazon income. And I'm going to have to be very careful about promoting books at all until I can get a good grip on the new reports and the trends. In fact, I'm kinda concerned that I'll have to spend so much time watching these trends, that it will end up not being worth the time at all.
jalandar is offline   Reply With Quote