Thread: When in Rome
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #14
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
Just for the record, I'm a lady.
taberuet! i put my foot in the soup!
What can I say? Nothing. What can I do? Prostrate my self at your feet and kiss the hem of your dress, imploring mercy oh kind and sweet lady.

Let me try an Italian angle:

Gentile signora, la sua bellezza mi ha accecato. La sua grazia mi lascia senza parole. Accetti, la prego, le mie umili scuse e voglia contarmi tra i suoi affezionati ammiratori. Un suo sorriso porterà gioia al mio cuore.

Quote:
I will have a look at the books by Mika Waltari. I'm reading a non-fiction book about the Etruscans (Etruscologia, by Massimo Pallottino). I just started, so I can't comment on it yet.
The Etruscan has a very good story. The other two ... From what I understand you are not that far from their country. I think that the places were they choose to live are among the finest in the world. I remember Tarquinia, the necropolis there lies exactly in the dimensionless space between earth and sky. A thematic trip to their country, for a lady of your culture and sensibility could be really of interest.

Last edited by beppe; 10-05-2010 at 07:19 PM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote