View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #100
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
The Jot Stylus Pen Family seems to be a popular stylus both for iPad and Android. I went to there site to check out there different models and saw that they are releasing a new model (I saw that FlorenceArt was mentioning this stylus earlier in the thread):

Jot Touch: Pressure sensitivity + palm rejection.

I didn't know this was possible. I thought the pressure sensitivity and the palm rejection had to be supported by the tablet, like they've done with the Galaxy Note.

Here's a snip from there info-page:
Quote:
Jot Touch lets you rest your hand on the screen as you work. The only thing that will make a line is your stylus.
Quote:
Jot Touch delivers over 2,000 levels of pressure sensitivity.

Anyway the price ($90) seems kind of high, but if it works really well with the palm rejection I guess it might be worth it.

As for the pressure sensitivity this most be more appealing for people using the pen to draw. I can't see any added benefit for this function when it comes to writing. I would sooner expect it to be a nuisance. If I take a note I don't want the text to come out with different thickness depending on how hard I press the pen.

Do you feel the need for built-in palm rejection from the pen if it's supported by the app?

I didn't see this at first but on Adonit's main-menu they have a section called Jot Ready Apps that lists the iPad apps compatible with the Jot pens.

Last edited by thinkpad; 04-13-2013 at 10:19 AM.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote