View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #37
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I don't get it. If the unit is plugged in the battery can not die.

BOb
I mean I downloaded the book last night, plugged it in and left it plugged in for six hours. Than I took it with me when I left the house this morning - it was at full charge then. By lunch time when I went to read, it was about half and in the course of reading the book it dropped down to completely dead.

So if you have a lot of new pages - I probably had at least 15 new books on it - it takes a long time to index them and is battery intensive enough that you have to keep it charged significantly longer than six hours. Which I wouldn't have realized before this, so I mention it.
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote