Thread: Touch .kepub.epub
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:00 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
What I'm not sure about is exactly WHICH rendering engine this uses. I'm not sure whether it uses the original kepub engine or the new ACCESS based engine that Kobo is using for ePub3 / Japanese (or whether the old engine even exists now).
The bug report is from a Japanese user with FW2.1.1. The real problem is the lack of Japanese support in the epub engine in 2.1.1. As doing this displayed the Japanese book correctly, it must be using the ACCESS engine. I suppose it could choosing the engine based on the contents as well. But, I hope not.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote