View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #98
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBoyle View Post
I actually join this forum a week or so ago. Since then there are any number of times I’ve been reminded that I have not yet introduced myself. This should remedy that oversight.

I am a retired senior citizen who has been recently discovered e-books. I have a Sony PRS 600 reader, and a second Sony PRS 600 reader, which I bought as a backup, but has now been usurped by my wife.

I discovered Calibre very early on, and was immediately impressed. I quickly forwarded a small token of my appreciation to the author via PayPal. For any of you who haven't done that, and use the product (and have the wherewithal) I suggest that it would be a wise idea.

As a newbie in this forum I have several questions. Some are relative to Calibre, and others are relative to the Sony device I own and/or the next Sony device that I will own.

As time goes on I hope I will be able to be of help to others as I'm certain you people are going to be to me.

Thanks for the use of the soap box!

J.

Welcome to mobileread...

There's a Welcome thread, too, ye ken.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinValiant View Post
Desertgrandma, age is just a number! Always remember, you are only as old as you feel and act!

Lin
The lady I feel is younger than me, does that count ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroB View Post
Thanks DGma! It's great to have somewhere to start when there's so much available out there!Can be a bit overwhelming... but in a good way :-)
Very definitely in a good way ...Never feel shy to ask that question or two...we don't (often) bite....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote