View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 09:29 PM   #10
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
PS. Your reply to my first thread and review of the PB360 were the clinchers for me to buy one
Stop! You're making me blush ... Seriously, I am glad to be of help. And, doubly glad you like your new purchase!

Quote:
... [snip]... though I've no idea how to pick out a word without a touch screen (do you type it out perhaps?).
NOTE: Before I posted this, Jackie had already responded about the dictionary. But - I think the pictures I've attached go along with her explanation. I've left my words too, mainly 'cause I've already typed them. Hate wasting perfectly good words ...

Oh, but this is one of the coolest things the PB360 does! See the picture #1 for details, but you can use the silver D-ring thingy to navigate the page once you've brought up the dictionary (which you open by pressing the OK button while you're in the book and selecting it).

Just press up/down/left/right and the cursor will move while highlighting a word. At the same time, the definition will show in the window (if you go down into the dictionary area, the screen will refresh - the dictionary part will go to the top whilst the page will show at the bottom).

Or - you can type a word to find the meaning. See the arrow I drew in picture #1. If you press the OK button, that screen selection area will become active. If you press that part at which I've drawn the arrow, you can get a keyboard (see picture #2). The cool part there is that you can type in any word - not just one you see on that current page. If it's in the dictionary, it'll display a definition...

So, there you go. The dictionary is one of the neat things about the PB360 - and I think the keyboard entry is pretty ingenious also.

Happy reading.

Marilyn

P.S. Oh, and wait until you find out how the ADE hack makes reading library (DRM'd) ePubs that much easier to read (your own fonts, margins, etc.). Pretty cool...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic#1.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	55716   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic#2.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	55717  
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote