View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetCinNC View Post
I've had the lighted cover since Christmas, and I haven't had any scratches on my screen. Neither has my husband, but my 13-year-old daughter did get a scratch on hers. The scratch was completely her fault because she had gotten some sort of sticky crap between the light and the screen and let it dry in there instead of cleaning it off.

I think the lighted cover works wonderfully. The screen is fairly uniformly lighted, and I find it helps me read even in daylight hours. (We have a less-than-sunny house.) The lighted wedge never gets in my way, and I like the little extra heft and size the lighted cover gives the reader. Makes it feel more like I'm reading a hardcover book, you know.

As for that PageLight, I think it would be more trouble than it's worth. You'd have to move it every time you wanted to press a page-turn button. You'd also have to find a way to hold it flat against your reader while using it. I tried using a travel-sized stand-along lightwedge - so basically the same thing as the PageLight - and it was such a bother that I just wouldn't read with it.

I love your avatar! Obviously I'm a huge art nouveau fan..
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote