Thread: PRS-650 TTS on the 650?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
The Kindle Touch, which is no longer being made, does TTS. It's a robot speaking though and most people report not liking the sound or finding it useful. I've not heard it myself but if it's anything like my GPS then there will be tons of mispronunciations. Not helpful to someone trying to learn English.
Hmm, His English isnt too bad, he's managing reasonably well, but he wants more fluency. I agree... that computer generated voice probably wont help, but at worst, he's have a reasonable ebook reader. He usually uses his samsung phone for that. Fortunately a couple of our department stores still have the Touch in stock and are selling it at ridiculously inflated prices by comparison with US prices, but oh well. I'll send him off there to buy one.

Thanks for the info
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote