View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigg View Post
Hi, I'm considering getting a e-reader soon and I'm wanting to get a idea of how various PDFs will look on them before I take the plunge (I read a lot of academic papers, this is mainly what I want one for).
I've downloaded the amazon kindle for pc thing though that seems to be just to view books from their store, I can't figure out anyway to put a pdf on it.

Does anyone know of any kindle emulator or somesuch for me to use?
Kindle apps don't view PDFs, nor do they replicate the Kindle experience. They just allow you to read Kindle Store purchases on other devices.

You could just order a Kindle and see for yourself. If it doesn't meet your requirements, you can return within 30 days and pay only shipping.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote