View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #12
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by emalvick View Post
Exactly... A Kindle Book downloaded to K4PC cannot just be copied to a Kindle via cut and paste, specifically because of DRM, thus the discussion. Amazon has the store setup so that certain books can be limited to how many devices or apps that book can be downloaded to at one time. To keep track of it (i.e. to keep one from copying a book from K4PC to other Kindles), DRM is embedded for the specific file for that specific device.

Now if DRM is not in a file, then you could cut and paste, but I don't think the index would go with it, nor will it sync. Each device/app won't necessarily have the same books or other content, so the indexes wouldn't be the same either.

Of course, if you find that it does work, then please report back.

But why does Amazon go on about syncing between different apps?

In any case this not about copying to 20 different computer but just to 1 to get indexed it.

"Each device/app won't necessarily have the same books or other content, so the indexes wouldn't be the same either".

I just said you would do the WHOLE thing en masse for say a 1000 books in one go to just 1 pc and back.

i.e you would organize/sort the whole think on pc4k and copy to kindle once perfection achieved.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote