View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 12:43 AM   #55
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
I'll just note that most of the books I've looked for have turned out to be at roughly paperback prices under the agency pricing; don't know what they were before.
I almost never paid full price for print books, when I was buying print books. I expect to be able to spend no more than the SAME thing I'd pay for print books (including whatever discount the retailer was willing to offer from their share of the cost).

So, yes, while some ebook prices have actually come down, being locked into paying the "cover" price means I'm not buying them.

I've happily paid the lower prices for the books I want that are "hardbacks" - just like I happily paid more before (but always, less than cover). I never had a problem paying a reasonable percentage of the going rate (usually between 15 and 25% less than cover).
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote