View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 06:33 PM   #8
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
That's nice, because I think the expression is "Six of one, half dozen of the other". I like your mistranslated version much better!
So did my brother-in-law who teaches statistics at the college level. He laughed hard the first time he heard me say it and asked if he could quote me in class.
Then he tells me the story of how he asks his class, what are the odds of getting a head or tail on the flip of this coin? A lot of the class answer right the first time, 50/50.
He asked the question again, what are the odds of getting a head or tail on the second toss, and he says the class doesn't have a clue.
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote