View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 07:51 AM   #2
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cs2501 View Post
Hey all,

It seems like it would not be hard to format a search able PDF to be cut naively for the iRex screen. Is there any method to do this?

I am interested in the ability of the illiad to search PDF files. How long does it take to run though a PDF?
There was a discussion about PDF search in this thread. Searching a single PDF doesn't take long, but going through all files on your device is nearly impossible without some kind of indexing.

Quote:
What is the biggest PDF size you can responsibly use?
I don't know the biggest reported file size, but I regularily use PDFs of ~50-70 MB without problems (scanned books). PDF files with Font1 fonts (some old versions of LaTeX used to produce these) take very long to load (even on my PC), but that is unrelated to the file size and only occurs with about 0.1% of the PDF files I tried to read on my device.
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote