View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #746
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angst View Post
I had a bad case of the flu a few years ago. I had diarrhea, I threw up, I lost my appetite. I also lost about 10 pounds in 5 days.

I decided this was the perfect diet, if only I could bottle it. Anorexia, bulimia, weight loss and a colon cleanse all rolled into one package.
These days many people are taking 'Medical Travel Vacations,' going to other countries for common procedures such as liposuction, breast augmentation, dental work, etc. The medical care in Thailand is as good or better than can be found in the US, while the costs are about 1/4th. Combine a medical procedure with a three-week recovery in a tropical paradise for half the price the procedure alone would cost. Thailand, Switzerland, Mexico, Micronesia, etc., all have become medical destinations.

But I've yet to see a Medical Travel Vacation to India, which is where your diet idea would work. And it would even be non-invasive! In just 2-3 days of foods from street vendors in India, one is virtually assured of contracting dysentery, thus guaranteeing a rapid 1/3-your-body-weight weight loss in a matter of a two weeks!

I've seen old advertisements from the late 1800's, selling tapeworms as a weight-loss remedy. India sounds MUCH nicer.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote