View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #81
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavorite View Post
So this was corrected at some point? And I am also surprised the hardware guys did not build in a failsafe. Fuses are cheap.
I haven't returned my K3 yet, nor had time to look into just what failed. It may have an SMT fuse in it (that is now blown).

I still have about 2 months left on the warranty before I have to RMA the K3 - I may get a chance to check out the details of what happened.
Have just let myself get sidetracked from that problem.

OH, ( <- big oh)
It is not the charger circuit that died, it was some of the circuitry shared with the USB port. I can still charge the battery, it is just that the USB port no longer functions.

My battery is fully charged, and removed from the Kindle.
I just need to get a RoundToIt before the battery self discharges or the warranty expires on the Kindle.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote