Old 04-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #13
keeska
Connoisseur
keeska has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony T1, Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD, Samsung Note 3
Tests prove they are not the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
Both BF and ER are generally working on jailbroken devices - they both suffer from a huge problem with backgrounding, though. And just because Libri don't tell you that, they still have *exactly* the same issues because it's *exactly* the same app.
Sorry to disagree but eBooks Reader has no problem on my JB iPad with ios 5. After using it I simply exit the app and everything else is fine. I continue to run other apps without problems.

When exiting BF the iPad is hung. I need to restart it - nothing else works.

I just tried a test to verify the behavior - read 20 pages from an ePub format book in ER and then exited. Ran several other apps. All worked fine. Tried the same with BF. The iPad was hung when I exited BF. All I could do was force a restart.

So if they are the same app why does one behave and the other one hang my device?

I just asked a friend to try the same test on his JB iPhone. Same results.

Forgot to mention - I do not use backgrounder since it does not work on ios5 and can hang the device. Therefore I am not able to use the suggested workaround to work around the bug in BF.

Last edited by keeska; 04-28-2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Add comment about backgrounder
keeska is offline   Reply With Quote