View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 01:37 AM   #81
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkyfork View Post
I'm confused on why people wouldn't trust the OP. Maybe I haven't had as much forum experience as others, but what would the poster have to gain by complaining about Amazon and it not being true?

Out of curiosity, what was the original thread that he people have talked about? Was that one verified as being faked?
It may be someone who holds a grudge against Amazon for some (deserved or undeserved) reason. However farfetched, it could be someone working for a competitor. I am not saying that it is, we don't know enough to pass "final judgement". There is, of course, even for people with an honest problem, a tendency to leave out a few details that might represent that person's claim in a less favorable light when posting in a forum like this. Most evident in the first thread, were those details slowly came out one by one later, only.

Also, it is quite obvious that the vast majority here has nothing like good experiences with Amazon, so that alone makes it difficult to immediately take everything written in these two threads at face value. That doesn't mean that I am saying that the OP is a liar, it just means that I am little skeptical and could be convinced either way with more information.

We shouldn't just give the OP, we should also give Amazon the benefit of the doubt. At least those of us who have been treated well on many occasions.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote