View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 11:07 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
On the off chance I'm missing a setting I'll post this here first. Whenever I go to convert a book the editable fields all extend beyond the window. See attached.

It didn't use to be this way, but I am unsure when this started. All of the editable fields in the preference windows open within the given space.

Windows XP sp3 (all updates current)
Calibre 0.7.8
Screen Display 1600x1050
Notice the Scroll bars (H and V) in the field pane. Do you have a Dual head system?

I filed a bug because when I had my Primary, set 768x1024 (portrait, Left side) and my 20" wide-screen as Secondary. The detached cover browser used the Primary Aspect and resolution even though it (and Calibre) was opened on the Secondary. Resolution: Won't fix. (probably a feature of one of the packages used by Calibre)

I made use of a quirk of 2K/XP, that if you change which monitor is Primary with the desktop still extended, the taskbar and Icons remain as they were.

With this in place , that the cover browser behaves, but I also noticed that the Book Viewer now opens half off the Right side of the widescreen and I always have to drag it back. (appears to be fixed in 7.8)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote