Thread: Sigil v0.1.4
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #11
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
I see you have a 64bit linux version, what's the chance of getting a 64bit windows version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion2001 View Post
Out of curiosity, do you have any trouble with the 32 bit version on your 64bit windows OS? I am running Sigil on my Windows 7 x64 machine with no trouble. I don't really see what advantage there is from having a Native 64-bit version of Sigil.
As soon as I decided to provide an x64 version of Sigil for Linux, I knew people would be asking for a Windows x64 version.

Orion2001 said basically everything I meant to say on this issue: are you having problems with the 32 bit version on 64 bit Windows? I doubt it, since Sigil is developed on Win7 x64, and before that, on Vista x64. So there are no issues with running the 32 bit version. On Linux this is slightly different.

I do plan on providing an x64 version of Sigil for Windows, but currently there is no need. There wouldn't be any noticeable performance benefit, if any at all. So this is a very low priority issue. It will become higher priority if and when someone demonstrates to me that they really need it.

Last edited by Valloric; 10-10-2009 at 09:51 PM. Reason: typo
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote