View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #373
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I'm an audiobook fan. I will frequently listen to a book after I've read it (not immediately, of course, but later) - a good narrator can make a mediocre book good, just as a bad narrator can ruin an excellent book.

Audiobooks play a different role than paper/ebooks do, but they're an equally valid way of ingesting a book.
Amen to all points. As an example, I didn't think Under the Dome was a particularly good Stephen King novel, but the narrator of the audiobook version was fantastic. He made those characters. I always listen to the samples prior to buying an audiobook, some of the narrators are indeed awful.

For many years I didn't care for audiobooks, either. However, I've found in the past few years that audiobooks are excellent for non-fiction books, which I've always had a hard time reading, but listening to them is sort of like listening to talk radio, and is great for driving. I've started listening to a lot of fiction as well, and I am getting through a lot more books by turning them on when doing housework, getting dressed in the morning, suffering from middle of the night insomnia, etc.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote