View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #11
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Those Who Hunt The Night $.99 by Barbara Hambly. The review does mention formatting errors, but for that price I decided to take a chance. lol
Good choice. Those Who Hunt the Night is one of Hambly's best books, and also one of the best gaslight vampire sleuth thrillers ever written. It won a 1989 Locus Award for Best Horror and something called a "Lord Ruthven" Award, which I gather is some vampire-specific horror nod.

Having read my own e-copy already, the formatting errors are relatively minor (wordsquish rather than 7yp0-ridd1ed) but still moderately annoying and I'll be contacting Amazon with a list of them so they can get fixed.

For sf/mystery lovers the sale has also got some Lawrence Block and Alan Dean Foster for $1.99 or less, classic David Gerrold and Richard Matheson award-winners for $2.99, and for regular science lovers, one of James Gleick's books for about $2.99.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote