View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #64
quisvir
Addict
quisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
However, there is a basic problem here in that I think some of your suggestions would require the code to be incorporated into full Calibre and by someone with the great ability of chaley, the Sony guru (not yours truly) In addition, Kovid has made it clear that he is not likely to ever add features to Calibre itself that rely on jailbreaking/hacking one's device.
Thank you for the quick reply, jackie_w. I completely understand the difficulties involved in making this work. However, if it's possible to make the plugin put the covers into images/covers/ using the books' filenames, nothing more would be needed for a basic solution. And it would not have to be integrated into Calibre itself (although putting the covers into a folder under new filenames would not, imho, mean committing a Calibre feature to hacked devices: any Sony can use the folder, and it causes less clutter than a long list of covers between other images).

If there is a possibility of making this work, I would also be willing to help out with programming (though I'm a novice) or beta testing. For me, making such things work is part of the fun of owning a gadget like an e-reader. So I won't be switching my Sony for a Kobo, but thanks (cybmole) for the suggestion
quisvir is offline   Reply With Quote