View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 02:50 AM   #12
mr.giroro
mr.giroro began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
My quest for a way to synchronize files in Iliad with those in my PC continues. After some more exploration, I am very close to conclude that it is IMPOSSIBLE to synchronize files between Iliad and PC.

The biggest problem is that Windows does NOT allow you to have a folder and a file with the same name. Consider the following common scenario for Iliad users.

You have a file "a.pdf" in your PC. You copied the file onto your CF card, and read it from your Iliad. Then, your Iliad creates a FOLDER called "A.PDF", and put "a.pdf" into the "A.PDF" folder and create manifest and scribble files in the folder.

Now you added a new file "b.pdf" in your PC, and want to synchronize the document folder in PC with the document folder in CF so that "b.pdf" is copied to CF, and "A.PDF" and associated files are synchronized to PC. The problem is that Windows does NOT allow you to have a folder and a file with the same name. That is, you cannot copy A.PDF from CF to PC because PC has a.pdf (a file with the same name). Windows programs will NOT write A.PDF over a.pdf. I tried several synchronization software, but found that none of the programs work.

So, I hit the wall. I am not sure how others handle this. Any thought? Thank you in advance for your advice.
mr.giroro is offline   Reply With Quote