View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
ppowell002
Connoisseur
ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.

Device: kobo glo hd
Arc email application problem

I have had my Bell email set up on the device since Dec when I first bought it and after a few issues it was working fine; it could send and receive mail. I recently noticed that all my Sent mail since Jan 7 is sitting in my Outbox. So I am receiving mail but not able to send. I downloaded the os upgrade on Jan 9 so I don't think that is the issue.

I checked with Bell and my outgoing server settings are correct. I phoned Kobo and they told me that the email application preloaded on the Arc cannot send mail. The rep said email can be sent only by using the gmail app or by using the browser to go to the Bell webmail site. I'm pretty sure I have sent in the past on the Arc and besides, what good is an email application that receives but does not send. This makes no sense to me. I can't accept that answer so the issue has been escalated to Tier 2.

This is the only device on which I have this issue. I can send email using my Bell address from my laptop, my android phone and my IPad. Has anyone else been unable to send through the Arc email app? Does the answer from the rep even seem logical to you?

Thanks
ppowell002 is offline   Reply With Quote