View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #37
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I can see the variation in light along the bottom of the screen in your picture from the lower LEDs. You don't have some strange new hardware configuration.

I've adjusted the contrast on a portion of the picture you uploaded to demonstrate. I beleive that the variation is less at higher light levels, such as you use.

I definitely see it in the picture you posted with heightened contrast. However, in the real world on the actual unit I don't see it at all.

It is possible that, using the default lighting of 22 of 24 possible, all otherwise noticeable screen layer shadows are eliminated. I use that lighting in dark and light envirnments. I don't find a need to reduce the lighting even in totally darkened rooms. Remember the only light we see is reflective light from the screen. It is not like the need to reduce screen brightness in darkened area for LCD screens like on the Fire. There the light is direct to one's eyes from the screen and not reflective.

Maybe others should also use that light level and they would have a better experience looking at the screen. As others have said, "ignorance is bliss." Don't take pictures of the screen and just enjoy reading the eBooks at the higher light levels.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-07-2012 at 03:51 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote