View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 06:05 AM   #179
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
We're not even two months into 2013, and I fear I will fail my challenge this year. I've already bought 37 books this year.

I am already committed through subscriptions to 5 more Grantville Gazettes, 7 more Asimov's SFs, 7 more Analog SFFs and 5 more F&SFs. That's 24 more books.

So to meet my challenge this year, I must buy no more than 120-37-24 = 59 books for the remaining ten-and-a-bit months.

But the Baen ebooks monthly bundles are such good value that I don't think I can bear to pass any of them up. So I'll be buying ten more bundles this year.

Baen ebook bundles contain six or more books. If I do make my target it will be because I already own some of the books in the upcoming bundles. Which is possible. But since the bundles aren't announced yet, I can't tell for sure.

One thing is certain: I don't think I can buy any other ebooks at all this year.

But past experience tells me that there are almost certain to be really good offers at some point in the year on books that I'd really like to read. (John Scalzi's redshirts springs to mind.)

I must just try to remember that good offers will almost always come around again. Eventually.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote