View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
sgirsberger
Enthusiast
sgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPhone, NOOK Color, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire HD
Where's my Georgia on the Nook?

I have a single outstanding problem to solve with an EPUB that is a little more complex than a novel, but not as complex as a math textbook. Everything is formatted properly and looks great, but on the Nook Color, my body text, which is specified as body { font-family:"Georgia", "Times New Roman", serif } and all of the <p> classes that are based on it show up as the ugly Times New Roman (or Times). I could let this go, because the publisher wants it live very soon, except that the name Dvořák is everywhere throughout one chapter, and it's essential that both diacritics be in place. These are visible in Georgia on the Nook Color with the Publisher Defaults off, except that when I have Publisher Defaults turned ON, what I get is ugly Times New Roman. The Publisher Defaults really help the book look and read better, because there are lists and graphics that have special needs.

Please, please someone tell me why the Nook Color does not use the Georgia font family I have specified when it's a typeface that is one of the standard options on the device? This is the single thing that is holding me up now, and I don't understand why I can't have it on the PD ON side as well as the PD OFF side.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.
sgirsberger is offline   Reply With Quote