View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #18
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
...This is not the politics and religion forum so the bible is out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
But you yourself nominated the Jewish Bible! ...
Jon's nomination of the Hebrew Bible was just Jon being Jon. He didn't expect me to allow it, and when I did he withdrew the nomination.

I agree this isn't the place to discuss religion, but I see a difference between discussing the merits of a particular religious stance and discussing a scholarly book that details how a particular book of scripture came to be written. There are dangers to be sure, but as long as people could keep their personal religious opinions in check and keep the discussion firmly rooted in an investigation of the arguments and details presented by the authors, I think it could work. I have a lot of faith (no pun intended) in the discretion of the members of the MRBC and their ability to show respect and avoid the rough and tumble of the P&R section.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote