View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElspethB View Post
...according to a study published in PLOS ONE that compared speed and comprehension when reading similar texts on a paper book, a Kindle, and an iPad. Here's an overview.

And here's the study itself.

The researchers attribute the difference to the greater contrast on the iPad screen, which makes me wonder how a front-lit e-ink device like the Kindle Paperwhite would fare.
I would read slower on a Kindle (with the default font) then I would with my 650 and the font of my choice. They didn't take that into account. For most people, the Kindle has one font and that's it take it or leave it. I choose to leave it because I don't like it. But I know on a Kindle Touch and PW, I can change the font to one of my choice and I would read fast in that case.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote