View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #263
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I agree, your 501 PW definitely looks better than the 603. The text also looks darker and sharper too. So much for the 603's being perfect. I was hoping because my new one was a 602 it would be better, but I can see now it really is just luck.
I was really hopeful when I saw they'd sent a 603 too, but who would've thought my pink 501 would actually turn out to be better. Anyway, using the 603 exclusively for a while, hoping to break it in/warm it up, etc in hopes it starts looking better. If not, I'll use this as a spare and go back to using the deregistered 501 as my main device. Wish me luck!

Quote:
I really don't know their process, but I can say the box is always sealed with the little tear off strip and the last some replacements I have received seem to all be new. The box states G as compared to R. I was once told they were going to have an engineer go over it before sending it to me, but who can really know if they did. The boxes have always been sealed. Maybe they check it over and then send it to be packaged? All I know is if they do check them over they are obviously not as color sensitive as I am. :\
If only there were a way to go to Amazon's Kindle factory and pick out a unit there

Btw, I live in Southeast Asia and my replacement came from Shenzhen, China, which maybe explains why I got the newer 603 and some others (you included) have still been receiving 500 units. A lot of good that's done me though I just thought they would ship out all units directly from the US.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote