View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I've seen this "update" notice (and actually updated a purchased book) only one time in the years I've bought books from Amazon. I've not seen any option/mechanism for doing this a a self-published author.

There seem to be a lot of topics on it at the KDP community:
https://kdp.amazon.com/community/sea...pdating+a+book
The first item I looked at in the results from that search showed this:

Quote:
You can request that KDP Support contact your coustomers and notify them of the update.

They may or may not do the notification, but they should put the Update option ont the book in their Manage my Kindle Pages.

Well, I couldn't find the email esxdplaining their policy.

The have 3 classes for problem books.

The wors kind is a "Critical Update" this is reserved for Realy bad books (don't display on all devices etc) -- For thes books KDP will notify purchasers and offer to "Push" the latest version into the archive.

Non critical updates KDP Will notify and put the option on the Manage pages.

The last kind is when they will, at their option add the update link but not inform anyone of this.

You can add a note to your book's Blurb that an update is available for books purchased before.... and add the date of your update.

the address is :

kdp-support@amazon.com <kdp-support@amazon.com>

Be nice, be concise and be descriptive of the reason for the update.
That seems pretty straightforward (although I hope this chap writes books better than he writes forum messages!)
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote