View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 03:49 AM   #13
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Good thinking about the Intel vs Arm approach.

Still HD320>>SSD16 on the two drives.
As an example of what won't run on ARM, we're waiting for Netflix support, though it's promised:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-575...d-chromebooks/

Regarding the drive size, I've generally been an advocate of not worrying too much about this, as you can always use a 32 GB SD card, or USB drive, to bump up the storage cheaply, but I've realised since getting the machine that the size does affect how much of your Google Drive can be synchronised offline.

Google seems to do this by automatically deleting older files if the storage is full (I assume that they mean older Google Docs, so that the online version is still safe), which sounds draconian but is probably fine in practice.

On the Samsung 3 you actually only have about 10 GB of that 16 GB SSD free as ChromeOS itself has a footprint, so that's also worth considering.

But, then again, the SSD and ARM processor are the reasons that this Samsung device is so light, doesn't get warm, and is totally silent (which was very important to me).

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote