View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #31
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
I see that 5.x is the latest. I also see the status bar in "most" cases, but not when I have a book open in the Kobo reader or Overdrive. Presumably that's when one would want to know if the battery is close to dying. However, I have seen a warning pop up when the battery is supposedly down to 10%, but can't remember if it was with a book open or not. This was when I tried to charge a 50% full battery using a cheap 500ms USB charger, so I think the indication was spurious anyway. So, until Kobo fixes the battery indicator to be more reliable, would Battery Indicator Pro really be reading the battery condition independently, or what the Vox tells it? Do you see different levels in the Vox battery icon and the BIP indicator, or does the latter replace the former?
I've had the low battery indicator pop up in the middle of Overdrive and a book on my Kobo App. It's frustrating that you cannot see the battery level (and an accurate one, at that) when reading.

I am going to wait until they've fixed the battery indicator before I go looking for an app to show it to me! Kind of pointless, at the moment. As long as I charge my Vox on a daily basis, I am usually fine, anyway...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote